To provide a VAT-free product or service to European business customers, the customer must have a valid VAT identification number (VAT ID number). If a company cannot provide proof of its VAT ID number, the tax office shall charge VAT on intra-community transactions.
With the WTS VAT-IDchecker, we have developed a web-based and platform-independent solution that is able to validate VAT ID numbers. The tool can be integrated into existing workflows at any time.
Verifying the VAT ID no. is simple:
- Upload: Upload the file with the relevant data into the VAT IDchecker;
- Validate: Validation is triggered with a simple click. If incorrect customer data is identified, the correct address details corresponding to the VAT ID number from the European database (VIES) will be displayed, as long as EU member states are permitted to do so;
- Export: Validation results can be exported to internal master data management for forwarding;
- Archiving: Results can be archived with BZSt [German Federal Central Office for Taxes] timestamps to simplify coordination with the auditor;
- Documentation: There is potential for a parallel requirement of written confirmation from the German Federal Central Tax Office.
VAT-IDchecker: Features at a glance
User-friendly by intuitive and easy operation
High performance, as a result of checking several hundred VAT ID no. in just a few minutes
Quick identification of test results by color-marking
Support for the quality improvement of the master data by returning correct address data from the European database (VIES)
Data protection and data security through encrypted transmission (https), password protected access and no storage of the queried data
Web application that requires no additional infrastructure or installation and allows multiple users to access simultaneously