Our full service offer in the corporate tax environment ranges from high-quality advice relating to national and international tax law, the preparation of tax accruals and tax returns, and advice on all issues relating to tax auditing. In addition, we support our clients from a tax perspective in their transactions and restructuring projects. We specialise in efficient and structured processes.
We support many of our clients as part of a business partnership, in which we take full or partial responsibility for the management of the control function. This special expertise is also in our DNA, as WTS was created by the tax departments of two Dax companies. We are therefore very familiar with tax structures and processes, as well as the complex tax issues faced by companies.
With our tax risk management systems and our experience in the implementation of internal tax control systems/tax ICS, we are able to significantly improve corporate compliance, and therefore to reduce to the effective tax rate through anticipatory tax planning. We are right at home in the world of large international companies. Our clients include some of the largest DAX, MDax and TecDax companies in Germany. At the same time, we have special expertise for advising small and medium-sized companies and private clients.
Naturally, we are also able to extensively assist our clients with cross-border issues or foreign tax law. We work very closely with our colleagues from WTS Global. Our own international network is present in more than 100 countries, and includes top-class consultancy firms in the world’s most important economic hubs.
At WTS, we rely on multidisciplinary teams in order to develop the best solution for each individual challenge. We are distinguished by a special personnel structure. Our specialists combine their expertise in industry, financial management, international consulting and the tax-related IT sector in a special way. This enables us to look at tax issues from various perspectives.
- Corporate Tax: The Corporate Tax division covers comprehensive income tax advice for companies of all sizes and sectors, ranging from Fortune Global 500 companies to family businesses, from German subsidiaries of foreign groups through to PE and portfolio companies.
- International Tax: Countries around the world are increasingly seeking to tax the same corporate profit. In our International Tax division, we help clients organise their cross-border activities and structures in a legally secure and tax-efficient manner. Preventing double taxation is becoming increasingly important in practice. More about our service Transfer Pricing and International Tax & Permanent Establishments (ITP)
- Tax Accounting/Reporting: In our Tax Accounting/Reporting division, we support clients in establishing their tax positions in annual, consolidated and quarterly financial statements in a timely, efficient and audit-compliant manner. IFRS, German GAAP (HGB) and other local GAAPs in combination with tax accounting law are becoming increasingly complex. IFRS figures are also becoming more and more relevant to a company's taxes payable (e.g. due to Pillar Two). Efficient end-to-end processes and technology are becoming increasingly important. Read here more about digitalization
- Tax compliance: These days, tax compliance is an obvious precondition for success for those responsible for a company's finances. In the increasingly complex fiscal and current environment, it is becoming more and more challenging to prepare correct tax returns. Efficient technological solutions, especially those that reduce media disruptions, are indispensable. Just as important, however, is keeping a critical eye on the situation and having profound knowledge of tax law. This requires highly qualified employees. Learn more here
- Tax Risk Management: In Germany, very strict criminal law has led to companies introducing tax ICSs. In other countries, such as Austria, tax ICSs are often implemented in order to facilitate future tax audits. Although the structures of tax ICSs differ from country to country, they also have many things in common: tax risks must be systematically identified and processes put in place to manage the risks, and the processes (should) typically become more digitalised in the face of increasing size and complexity. Ultimately, it is essential to ensure that risks are actually identified and processes are followed. More
- Tax Defence: Good tax defence advice is needed long before a tax audit. Especially when it comes to international matters where taxpayers have a broader duty to cooperate, the foundation for a successful tax audit is laid much earlier on - namely in the ensuring of evidence (especially transfer price documentation, documentation for controlled foreign company taxation, etc.). Support during tax audits is a classic core competency of the Corporate Tax division. Our experts also advise on objection and litigation proceedings that go all the way to the German Federal Tax Court, the ECJ and the German Federal Constitutional Court, as frequently questions of legal doubt can only be clarified in court. More on this in our Transfer Pricing service
- Tax Planning: Constantly changing corporate activities and tax law conditions require a regular review of group structures (especially company law, financing, IP and real estate, company pension plans). In this respect, tax groups, partnerships within the group and reorganizations are perennial issues. However, companies and tax audits in Germanyare currently also focusing on financing and the taxation of IP and real estate within the group. Read more here
- Mergers & Acquisitions: In our M&A Tax division, we support corporate groups, family businesses and PE houses in the acquisition and sale of companies. Tax due diligence, the negotiation of tax clauses in purchase contracts and the tax structuring of transactions are all key issues. WTS Tax and WTS Advisory often work hand in hand, for example in the preparation of integrated Financial and Tax DD. Learn more about this from our WTS Advisory experts